||Here's a few questions any 18.790 year old should be able to answer. If you can put forth a good and logically sound argument for at least 6 of them, then yes, I'd say you're a "Grown-up"™.
1. (Philosophy) Defend Kant's Categorical Imperative. This essay should contain no less than 25,000 words and no less than 3 Nietzschean quotations.
2. (Economics) State a thesis on the failure or success of the American public education system, and defend it. Please include economical references to the educational standards of third world countries. You may use Ireland as a third world country.
3. (Sociology) The quote "survival of the fittest" may have been attributed to Charles Darwin, but as you should know, was actually coined by Herbert Spencer, a social Darwinist. Give a sound argument as to why social Darwinism is logically flawed. Also, extrapolate the key points of the teachings of Spencer and reach a conclusion of whether or not Darwin would agree with these points.
4. (Theology) Using both the major canonical works of each major religion, as well as the lesser non-canocial works, determine which religion is in fact, the 'true' religion. You are not allowed to claim the non-existence of God as your argument. If you arrive at a pro-monothestic conclusion, please do so without resorting to Aquinas's Summa Theologica.
5. (Technology) Give a logically sound argument as to why the GNU philosophy harms technological advancement. You do not have to play devil's advocate to large businesses, but it may help your argument.
6. (Politics) Give a critique as to why "the right to privacy" is both not a guaranteed right under modern societies, is in fact one of the greatest dangers to any developed society. Please do not use this essay to bash any particular political system.
7. (Consumerism) Which Starbucks drink is superior: Caramel Macchiato, or White Chocolate Mocha?